Wednesday, November 30

Two Songs of Me

There are two songs that describe how I'm feeling lately. I could post the lyrics here, and I will in just one second, but if you look at the lyrics you have to find the song or the entire feeling won't be there. They might not even give you the same feeling or describe mine, or what you think mine might be. Now that you're probably totally confused and I still make no sense, not that I ever have, I'll post the lyrics to both songs.

Broken Vow
Josh Groban (I know, I know...Josh Groban...don't make fun of me)

Tell me his name, I want to know
The way he looks at where you go
I need to see his face
I need to understand
Why you and I came to an end

Tell me again, I want to hear
You borke my faith in all these years
Who lays with you at night while I'm here all alone?
Remembering when I was your own

I let you go
I let you fly
Why do I keep on asking why?
I let you go
Now that I've found
A way to keep somehow
More than a broken vow

Tell me the words I never said
Show me the tears you never shed
Give me the touch, the one
You promised to be mine
Or has it vanished for all time?

I let you go
I let you fly
Why do I keep on asking why?
I let you go
Now that I've found
A way to keep somehow
More than a broken vow

I close my eyes
And dream of you and I
And then I realize
There's more to love than only bitterness and lies
I close my eyes

I'd give away my soul to hold you once again
And never let this promise end

I let you go
I let you fly
Now that I know
I'm asking why
I let you go
Now that I've found
A way to keep somehow
More than a broken vow


Famous Blue Raincoat
Played by Tori Amos

It's four in the morning
The end of December
Writing you now
To see if you're better
New York was cold
But I like where I'm living
There's music on Clinton Street all through the evening
I hear that you're building your little house
Deep in the desert
You're living for nothing now
I hope you're keeping some kind of record, yes.

And Jane came by with a lock of your hair
She said that you gave it to her
On the night that you planned to go clear
Did you ever go clear?

Last time I saw you
You looked so much older
Your famous blue raincoat
Torn at the shoulder
Been to the station to meet every train
You came home alone without Lily Marlane
You treated my woman to a flake of your life
And when she came back...
She was nobody's wife
Well, I see you there with a rose in your teeth
Just one more thing gypsy thief
I see Jane's awake now
She sends her regards

{Piano Solo}

What can I tell you
My brother, my killer
What can I possibly say?
I guess that I miss you
I guess I forgive you
Glad you stood in my way
If you ever come by for Jane or for me
Well, your enemy is sleeping now
And her woman is free, well
Thanks for the trouble you took from her eyes
I thought it was there for good
So I never tried

And Jane came by with a lock of your hair
She said that you gave it to her
On the night that you planned to go clear

Sincerely,
L. Cohen


I guess even I get a little sentimental sometimes. Ugh...what a wuss. Oh, God! I have human feelings!! My cold, dead heart has temporarily been brought back to life...so that I may feel the pain of everyday humans!!! Aaaaaaaaahhhh!!! Hahahaha....got'cha!

3 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget me :(

-Cyric.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Willow said...

I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say but...I'm so very sorry.

~Willow

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger SilverRevealed said...

I could never forget you, Cyric. ^^ I'll call you later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home